How to Study in USA for International Students?

Today, we are going to discuss How to Study in USA for International Students?

The United States is a country that has the best universities in the world, from which some of the most influential figures of today have graduated.

Every year, American universities receive more than 100,000 foreign students, so if you want to study in the United States, this is your opportunity.

There is also a wide range of academies to learn and study English at a low cost. The United States offers support and scholarships for undergraduate, master’s, and English students.

To learn about the entire process and requirements to enter a university or college in the USA, an academy to learn English, or apply for a scholarship or visa, continue reading.

Visa to Study in USA

F-1 visa (student)Visa M-2Visa Tourist
ValidityThe whole programup to 3 yearsup to 3 month
Cost510 USD360 USD160 USD
Duration Of The Procedure1 week3 to 5 weeks2 weeks
ConditionsYou can study for a long-term career.

Valid passport.


Letter of acceptance to a university.

Financial capability.

Allows you to work part-time on campus.

Return to the country of origin upon completion of studies.
You can study a short course.

Valid passport.


Letter of acceptance to an academy.

Allows you to work part-time in the academy.

Return to the country of origin at the end of the course.
Visit family and friends.


It allows you to take a short-term course (less than 90 days)

You cannot work.

Return to the country of origin in 90 days.

How to Study in USA for International Students? What do you need?

[wptb id=69222]

Are you one step away from attending university, and are you considering studying in a first-world country? Or, better yet, are you looking for a degree but want to participate in academic exchanges at one of the best universities in the world? 

Do you like to learn English and speak it all the time? If you answered “yes,” that means that the United States is what you want.

The United States is one of the first world countries in which its universities occupy the first positions worldwide, so it becomes the first option to study the career you want. And not only that, but it is also the cradle of the great undertakings of many young university students who start their first business at 20, managing to stand out in the labor market.

Each year, American universities welcome more than 100,000 international students, which is an excellent advantage for those who want to study on the most outstanding campuses throughout the country. It also offers many courses to learn English with facilities and reasonable prices for all interested.

But surely you are wondering: How to Study in USA for International Students?

Although the immigration authorities of the United States are strict in granting any type of visa in the country, students are the exception.

This is because the embassies and consulates are directly in charge of managing the following visas that will allow you to fulfill your American dream.

The visas granted for those young people who wish to study in the USA are divided into two visa categories F-1 and M-2. However, each one is focused on different needs; they fulfill the same purpose: obtaining a degree or diploma to exercise the career later. For its part, the tourist one allows you to study if you take a quick course, for example, a two-month English course.

Later in the article, we will talk more in-depth about the visas for the United States and their requirements, but we will give you a little bit of them:

Student Visa Visa F-1

With it, you can carry out an academic study program at a university or college that will include a university degree, a master’s degree, or a postgraduate degree or take an intensive English course. It is important to note that this visa will be approved for the duration of the study program to be carried out.

Student Visa Visa M-2

This type of visa is granted to those young people who wish to carry out vocational programs (non-academic) that allow them to learn the art to put it into practice in the labor market, such as yoga, dance classes, and cooking classes, among others. The duration time is 1 year.

Currently, there is a visa exemption program, or what is the same “Visa Waiver Program (VWP),” which exempts 38 countries in the world from presenting a tourist visa to enter the country. If you want to know if your country is on the list, enter here.

Tourist Visa (B2). This visa is granted to those who wish to remain in the United States for a period not exceeding 90 days. With this type of visa, you can take short-term courses that do not exceed the established time and do not have to dedicate more than 18 teaching hours per week.

Note:  If you finished your studies but wished to continue in the country, it is recommended that before your stay in the USA expires, you start the process to obtain a Permanent Residence or Green Card so that you can continue studying. And why not? Working in the US legally.

If you want to know more information about how to study in the United States, continue reading.

How Much Does it Cost to Study in USA?

The United States is a large country in terms of territory, so the cost of living is usually very varied. The expenses will depend on the university to which you apply (public or private) and the city where you decide to settle.

For example, it is recommended that you live near the university campus, as this will allow you to save enormous amounts on transportation. In the case of the USA, many universities have campuses where the student residences are located; living in one of them is a great advantage in terms of time and money.

The most expensive cities to live in and, therefore, to study are San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, and Seattle. Therefore, avoid applying to these cities if you are looking for cheap options.

Scholarship to Study in USA

However, not everything is wrong since, in the USA, you can find public universities, which are financed by taxpayers, whose costs range between 20,000 USD per year, and a private university that obtains resources thanks to donations or tuition, which can cost up to $55,000 per year.

The disadvantage of public universities is that they tend to be in specific cities, and most of their students have to spend up to 15,000 USD annually on transportation. Although most American universities grant financial aid to their students, the costs of accommodation, food, study materials, and personal expenses are 15,000 per year without the university tuition.

For this reason, it is essential that, unless you get a scholarship covering 100% of your expenses, you must have some savings that allow you to stay in the US for the duration of the degree or, if the visa allows it, work part-time.

Can you Study in the United States for free?

Studying “for free” in the United States is not impossible. Still, it does require a lot of effort since the number of universities that allow you to study at a very low cost is minimal, and they do not cover a large field of study.

Studying for free in the United States is possible, but you should know that some universities will tell you that you must work on campus. However, all is not lost. In the USA, millions of dollars are allocated each year for the scholarship program for exceptional students who have excellent academic performance or excel in sports and the arts.

You can opt for an academic scholarship that allows you to waive tuition payments if you have the following profile:

  • High academic level. If you have excellent grades throughout high school, you can get a scholarship that ranges from 40,000 USD and can even be completed.
  • International scholarship. In this case, a scholarship is offered to those students who have excellent grades and are admitted to American universities before finishing high school.
  • Sports. If sport is your forte, you will be able to access a full scholarship for your studies. The higher the player’s level, the higher the scholarship amount. The disciplines that apply to these scholarships are the following:
  • Baloncesto / Basketball
    • Football
    • Futbol Soccer
    • Tennis
    • swimming
    • Golf
    • Athletics
    • Hockey
    • Volleyball
    • Fencing
    • Gym
    • Water polo

If you have those mentioned above, you have a better chance of studying in the United States for free, and if not, don’t worry; there are also excellent scholarship programs that will help you finance your studies.

Always keep your spirits up and motivate yourself to study what you like the most.

Studying at the University in the United States

Studying in the United States is an almost religious experience, the dream of every student who grows up hearing about the best university campuses in the world, the cheers, the soccer teams, and the places where the most important and influential people in the world are born.

Or have you not heard about Harvard University, Stanford, Yale, and Princeton, among others? Right? Well, growing up with that American dream drives a large number of foreign students to motivate themselves to be accepted into the best universities in the United States.

Many students from the five continents of the world each year apply to US universities and colleges, with approximately 300,000 students being accepted each year. This is because it is a country that is committed to multicultural development.

Getting into “elite universities” is increasingly difficult, as they often accept only 6% of students who apply during previous years. However, 80% of universities can accept up to 30% of their enrollment from international students.

What are the universities going to ask you? – Requirements

The requirements that you must meet will depend on the type of university in which you are accepted (public or private) but in general; they are the following:

  • Validation of academic credentials
  • Take and pass the TOEFL test.
  • Proof of presentation of sufficiency tests (GRE, GMAT)
  • Letters of reference and recommendation
  • Resume
  • Demonstration of financial solvency (proof of scholarship or sponsor)
  • Passport size photograph
  • Medical exam
  • Legalization and homologation of academic documents processed before the Ministry of Education of the country of origin

 Requirements to Study in USA?

The requirements that you must present to a college are the same as those requested in the country’s universities:

  • Application form. You must correctly fill out the different universities or colleges’ admission forms.
  • Ratings. The academic record you obtained during high school, baccalaureate, or high school will be considered to evaluate your academic potential.
  • Earn high scores on the SAT or ACT. These are the university entrance exams.
  • Have the TOEFL and IELTS certificatesThese will allow you to test your fluency in the English language.
  • Trial. This document will allow the institute to determine what type of student you think you are.
  • Recommendation letters. This document is essential as it reveals what adults think about students’ academic performance.
  • School form. It allows you to determine how good the high school, high school, or high school you studied is.

Sometimes the requirements tend to vary because certain universities or colleges ask applicants to auditions, and portfolios, among other activities for admission.

What is the process to be accepted?

If you already meet all the requirements, you are ready to take the last and most crucial step: Being admitted to the university of your dreams!

The processes you must follow to be accepted at the university of your dreams are as follows:

  1. Homologize your high school studies. This is one of the essential steps since, to be admitted, you must have the certification of your high school or high school studies by the Ministry of Education of the country of origin. This document, in turn, must be authenticated and endorsed by the authorities of the US Department of Education; you must bear in mind that the process can take from 2 to 8 months, so it is a procedure that you must carry out well in advance.
  2. Fill out the application forms for the universities you wish to apply to. You must place all the information in an orderly manner following the instructions that the universities indicate in their forms to conduct a study of your profile and evaluate if it meets the characteristics required by the study program.
  3. Submit the admission test. Once you complete all the documentation, you must be prepared to take the admission exam required by the university where you want to study. Most colleges accept the SAT as an example, which measures your mathematical reasoning, reading, and writing skills. This exam is carried out during August, October, December, March, and June of each year.

If necessary, the university may require you to take the TOEFL test to measure your fluency in the English language; To do this, you should look for institutes that carry out this type of test (there are many).

. Receive your acceptance letter to the university. This is the most complicated part for most students since it is the direct pass to fulfill your dreams. Don’t worry; once you get accepted to the university, you will be ready to start the procedures for the visa that will allow you to study freely in the United States of America.

Now, you have passed the journey of being accepted into a university but do not know how to apply for a student scholarship. If so, then we will explain the types of visas that exist to study in the USA.

Visas to Study in the United States

Do you want to study in the land of the American dream? If the answer is yes, we will tell you in-depth about the types of visas you can apply for to do so, the requirements that will be requested, and the process you will have to carry out to achieve it.

F-1 Student Visa

If you have the American dream of studying for a degree in the United States, you must apply for a study visa that grants you permanence for the duration of the degree.

Indeed when you hear the word “visa,” your heart races so fast that you don’t know how to react. If so, don’t worry. If you already have admission to a university, you are already halfway there.

The authorities of the United States embassy and consulate grant the F-1 visa to those students who wish to study at a university or any other public or private institute within the United States.

To obtain this visa, you must be enrolled in an academic program that allows you to get a degree, diploma, or certificate. Most importantly, the US government must authorize the university to accept international students.

Next, we list the requirements and processes to obtain the F-1 student visa in the USA.

What do I need? – Requirements

  1. Valid passport to travel to the United States. Valid passport for travel to the United States, valid for at least six (6) months before travel and containing the most recently issued US visa.
  2. Nonimmigrant visa application. Confirmation page for Form DS-160 and Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.
  3. Student and Exchange Visa Information System (SEVIS) I-901 fee receipt.
  4. A 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inch) color photo taken within the last 6 months.
  5. Letter of acceptance to the American university registered in the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
  6. Documents prove the need to return to the country of origin once the diploma is obtained.
  7. Demonstrate having funds that allow you to cover tuition and living expenses in the United States. In the case of having a scholarship, you must present the document that indicates the benefit of the scholarship and its cost.
  8. Pay the amount of $510 to process the visa.


  1. Find the university to which you want to apply. You must be accepted to a university or college registered with the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
  2. Fill in the online visa application form. The DS-160 form is the standard online visa application intended for nonimmigrant visitors to the United States. The form is available online through the website of the local US embassy. To do this, you must reflect all the information requested by the embassy. Additionally, you must fill out the I-20 form to place all the university data you will study.
  3. Pay the fee corresponding to the visa type you will apply for. In this case, you must make two payments:
    1. To apply for the visa (160 USD).
    1. Processing of the F-1 visa, where the value will be paid for the SEVIS registration that will allow you to have a number that accredits you as an international student (350 USD).
  4. Schedule the interview. You must schedule the interview at the embassy or consulate closest to your home. The interview will occur at the same place and time at which all types of visas are processed. You must attend in person to give continuity to the request.
  5. Gather all the requested documents in an orderly manner. Having all the documents in order will allow you to meet all the formal requirements requested by the American embassy and consulate. You must bear in mind that the official may ask you for any document during the interview.
  6.  Attend the interview. You should arrive early on the day of the interview since punctuality is essential. The process is usually long, so you must follow the instructions received by the embassy officials step by step.

You must enter the United States 30 days before the start of the academic program you will carry out. You will NOT be able to enter the country before. Also, you must enter the United States 30 days before the start of the academic program you are going to carry out. You will NOT be allowed to enter the country before that period.

Can you study and work?

Yes, if you can work with your F-1 student visa but under certain exceptions. The United States government allows low-income students to work on the university campus part-time while they are studying and full-time if they are on break to gather enough financial resources to pay for their stay in the country.

If you want to study outside the university campus, you can do so if you have one of these two options:

  1. Practical Training Curriculum (CPT). You must do work practices as part of a requirement to graduate. This occurs in many careers, especially law.
  2. Optional Practical Training (OPT). Unlike the CPT, the OPT is not required to obtain a university degree, but it allows you to have work experience in the United States when you finish your degree. You can even start the OPT before or after you graduate. Remember that the main restriction is that the job must be related to your field of study.

It is important to note that the F-1 visa makes you a candidate to obtain a Green Card or Permanent Residence in the United States; however, the process can be more complex than the student visa.

M-1 Student Visa

This visa complies with characteristics similar to the F-1 visa but has some exceptions, such as the duration and the activities you can carry out with it.

The M-1 visa is issued so that you can carry out non-academic vocational studies that allow you to learn the art to later work. These studies cannot exceed more than 1 year.

Can I renew the M-1 visa? Yes, but you must show that you want to continue taking short courses and have the solvency to pay for your stay in the country.

With this visa, you can NOT process the Green Card or Permanent Residence in the USA.

The courses you can take with an M-1 visa are the following:

  • Cooking school
  • Technical courses
  • Electricity, plumbing, locksmith, carpentry, etc.
  • flight school
  • cosmetology school

What do I need? – Requirements

The requirements are similar to those of the F-1 visa, among which are:

  1. Valid passport to travel to the United States.
  2. Nonimmigrant visa application form DS-160 confirmation page and Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.
  3. Be registered in the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) by the educational center where you will take the course.
  4. A 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inch) color photo taken within the last 6 months.
  5. Acceptance letter issued by the American academy registered in the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
  6. Documents that support the need to return to your country of origin. (This is very important)
  7. Demonstrate having funds that allow you to cover tuition and living expenses in the United States. In the case of having a scholarship, you must present the document that indicates the benefit of the scholarship and its cost. You must have approximately USD 12,000 and USD 20,000 to demonstrate financial capacity.
  8. Proof of your academic qualifications, including degrees and diplomas, transcripts, and standardized test scores
  9. You must have command of the English language to be able to study in the USA so that they may ask you for the TOEFL or IELTS language fluency certificate.
  10. Pay the amount of 200 USD to register in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) plus 160 USD for the routine processing of the visa.


  1. You must apply and be admitted to a vocational school registered with the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
  2. Fill out the form the school gives you, where you will find all the costs you must pay to complete your vocational studies (it will be part of the entire application).
  3. Complete Form DS-160 as a nonimmigrant visa application.
  4. Pay the fee corresponding to the type of visa you are going to apply for: in this case, you must make two payments:
    1. To apply for the visa (160 USD).
    1. Process of the M-1 visa where the value will be paid for the SEVIS registration that will allow you to have a number that accredits you as an international student (200 USD). You must consider that even if the visa is not approved, the amount will not be refundable.
  5. Schedule the interview at the embassy or consulate closest to your residence. The interview will occur in the same place and time at which all types of visas are processed. You must attend in person.
  6. Gather all the documents requested to give continuity to the visa; you mustn’t ignore any document as it may be grounds for denying you the visa.
  7. Come to the interview early, as the process can take a long time due to multiple instructions from embassy officials. At the time of the interview, you must express your desire to return to your country once you have finished your studies (this is very important), and it can be decisive for the decision-making process.

The M-1 visa is one of the fastest to be approved. Generally, when the embassy authorities are sure of your profile, they can tell you at the end of the interview if the visa was approved or not. Otherwise, it will take 3 to 5 weeks to respond to your request.

The M-1 visa extension is up to 3 years.

Can you study and work?

Yes, however, like the F-1 visa, you can work with certain restrictions:

  • You will only be able to work on the university campus part-time during the school year for a maximum of 6 months.
  • To work, you must have an employment authorization document (EAD) or an M-1 visa work permit which you can apply for at the US embassy.

The work you do must be related to your career. For example, if you go to a cosmetology school in the United States, you must work on campus as a school stylist or in a similar job related to your program.

In which universities can I study in the United States?

The United States is a country that stands out for having a wide multicultural diversity and the best scientists, doctors, entrepreneurs, and businessmen in the world. This is thanks to the fact that their universities have the necessary preparation so that they can succeed in the workplace.

Currently, entering an American university is not an easy task. Every year there are thousands of applications received by institutions, of which very few are accepted into prestigious universities. Now, not everything is lost; there are also universities with ample places to allow students to obtain a place successfully.

Many universities exist in the United States. However, here is a list of the study houses that offer the most admission benefits to international students:

  • Yale University
  • Wesleyan University
  • Skidmore College
  • Amherst College
  • Trinity College
  • Gettysburg College
  • University of Chicago
  • Williams College
  • Vassar College
  • Colby College
  • University of Texas
  • Louisiana State University
  • New College
  • San Diego State University

The most sought-after public universities in the United States

  • Purdue University
  • University of Central Florida
  • University of Michigan
  • University of Arizona
  • University of California Berkeley
  • University of Texas
  • Arkansas State University
  • University of Kansas
  • Indiana University
  • University of Florida
  • Louisiana State University

The Most Wanted Private Universities in the United States

  • Rice University
  • Boston University
  • Duke University
  • Northwestern University
  • Cornell University
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology
  • University of Notre Dame
  • Yale University
  • University of Miami
  • Universidad Johns Hopkins
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • University of Southern California
  • Vanderbilt University
  • Northeastern University
  • Arizona State University
  • NYU
  • Stanford University
  • Princeton University
  • Harvard University
  • Columbia University
  • University of Chicago

Visa to Study English

Indeed you have asked yourself, can I study only English, or should I pursue a career? The answer is simple: You can travel to the United States to study English. But for this, you must meet a series of steps and requirements that we will mention below.

If you want to take a course that requires less than 18 hours per week and ends before 90 days, you can study with a tourist or M-1 visa. If you belong to the countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you can study English without presenting a visa, only the passport, but the stay should not be longer than 90 days.

Additionally, if you have a European passport, you can apply for the ESTA, allowing you to study the language without needing a visa. The same can be requested 72 hours before the trip.

If you do not have a European passport, you can access the F-1 and M-1 student visas mentioned earlier.

Or, in case you are only interested in taking an English course to learn the language with a tourist visa, you can study English. If you do not have a tourist visa, we will tell you how to obtain it here.

A tourist visa is a visa that allows you to enter the United States regularly to visit friends and family, receive medical treatment, take short courses, or travel.

What do I need? – Requirements

  • Apply for a nonimmigrant visa online by filling out the DS-160 form. After completing all the information, you must print the confirmation page of the application form to bring to the interview.
  • Upload a photo whose minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels and maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels.
  • Valid passport.
  • Form DS-160 printed.
  • Receipt of payment of the visa application for 160 USD.
  • Have on-hand documents demonstrating your financial capacity to travel to the United States.
  • Demonstrate that strong ties will make you return to your country of origin (this is very important).


  • Apply for the tourist visa online to process your data in the US embassy system.
  • Schedule the interview. The waiting time will depend on the type of visa, the season, and the availability of the embassy to attend applications.
  • Gather all the required documentation to minimize delivery times and maximize the possibility of approval.
  • Pay 160 USD, corresponding to the amount of the visa. You must take into account that this amount is NOT refundable.
  • Attend the interview. You must attend the appointment early with time availability since it can be a long process. You must be calm, patient, and sure of yourself. This point is important because you must convince the authorities that you plan to return to your country of origin. The visa will be automatically rejected if they detect that this is not the case.

You will be ready to enter US territory legally by completing all these steps. If you meet all the requirements, it will be a simple process.

Where can I study “English” in the United States?

Currently, with the arrival of the Hispanic-American population in the United States, the options for studying English have increased, so finding a language school or academy will be an easy task. You will have so many options that you will only have to worry about choosing the one that best suits your needs.

The primary schools or academies to study English in the USA are the following:

  • EF- Education First
  • ESL
  • Kaplan International
  • LAE

These academies offer short-term courses that allow you to study with a tourist visa.

In the case of obtaining an F-1 or M-1 visa, you can study English at universities such as:

  • Texas University.
  • Denver University.
  • Colorado University.
  • Florida International University.
  • Pensilvania University.

To give you an idea, you have to have a budget between 5,000 USD and 10,000 USD to study English in the USA.

What are the language institutes or academies going to ask you- Requirements.

  • Tourist visa for short courses or F-1 student visa for intensive courses
  • Take the placement test in English
  • In some cases, they request high school studies
  • Pay the registration and first tuition of the program

Usually, some academies can help you with the visa process to fulfill your dreams of learning English.

What is the process to be accepted?

  • Choose the school or academy where you want to study. It must adapt to your needs (budget, time, level of preparation). Remember that if you have a tourist visa, you should look for a course that does not exceed 18 hours per week and 90 days in duration.
  • Do the level test. Don’t be scared! These companies generally require a placement test to find out your familiarity with the language and the knowledge you may have.
  • Pay the registration fee. You should know that taking an English course in the USA is between 3,000 and 30,000 USD depending on the academy you want to study. These amounts do not include the stay and additional expenses.

If you meet all these requirements, you are ready to study English in the USA.

Scholarships and Grants to Study in the United States

The United States is a vast country, which is why it has multiple universities that offer scholarships and financial aid. Universities are not the only ones that provide benefits to international students; non-profit organizations support the studies of national and international students.

To give you an idea, the universities that grant the most scholarships to their international students are the following:

  • Yale University. It awards the Chevening scholarship to students from all over the world who wish to pursue university studies within the institution. You can enter for high academic merit or outstanding athlete.
  • Wesleyan University. It is one of the American universities that accept many foreign applicants on its university campuses. For this reason, it grants a scholarship or financial aid based on the economic capacity of the students, allowing those with less money to pay the cheapest tuition.
  • Skidmore College. It awards scholarships to high-achieving students who lack the financial capacity to pay for their studies, thus obtaining a scholarship of up to 60% of the annual tuition cost.
  • Amherst college. It admits 5% of foreign applicants with a scholarship for high scores.
  • Trinity College. It awards scholarships and grants to high-achieving students and outstanding athletes.
  • Gettysburg College. Scholarships for the academic performance of 30%.
  • The University of Chicago. Scholarships for outstanding athletes of 80% and high-performance students of 70%. It only awards the scholarship in the first place.
  • Williams College. Scholarships and subsidies of up to 40% of tuition.
  • Vassar College. Subsidies and scholarships to top positions.
  • Colby College. Subsidies and academic scholarships of up to 80%.

The non-profit organizations that grant scholarships to study in the USA are:

  1. AACE International Competitive Scholarship Program. It is a scholarship aimed at those students who want to study Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering and Management, or Building Construction.
  2. AAUW International Fellowships. International students want to do a master’s, doctorate, and postgraduate. Scholarships range from USD 18,000 to USD 30,000.
  3. Annie’s Sustainable Agriculture Foundation. It is a program aimed at students of any nationality who want to study sustainable agriculture in the United States. The amount of the scholarship ranges from 2,500 USD to 10,000 USD.
  4. Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship. International students between 14 and 35 years old admitted to an American study center can apply. The amount of the scholarship is 10,000 USD.
  5. Fulbright Scholarship for International Students. There are 4,000 international student scholarships financed and managed by the State Department. The classification and selection system is long and rigorous.
  6. Elie Wiesel Price in Ethics Essay Contest. International students who have been admitted to a US university can apply. The amount ranges from 500 USD to 5,000 USD.
  7. Microsoft Scholarship Program. It is granted to students of any nationality studying Communication Sciences and Computer Engineering.
  8. PEO International Peace Scholarship. Aimed at women with masters or doctorate studies. 200 scholarships of 10,000 USD each are offered, conditional on students returning to their country of origin once they finish their studies.
  9. Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship. Aimed at university, master’s, or doctorate students of any nationality whose studies are oriented to Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Criminal Justice. 30 scholarships of USD 1,000 and USD 10,000 are awarded.

Additionally, you can obtain the following grants:

  • Grants. Financial aid is granted to low-income students. The student must not return this benefit.
  • Work scholarship. Students work on campus to pay for their studies.
  • Loans. You can access long-term student loans, you must pay them with interest, but the rates are low compared to other credits.

Are you an outstanding athlete? Did you know that you can get a scholarship for doing what you are most passionate about? Below we will give you information about how to opt for an athletic scholarship.

To opt for sports scholarships in the USA, you must have a high level and performance. Depending on it, the American coaches will be more interested in capturing you, which will result in you obtaining a higher percentage of the scholarship.

Then? What are you waiting for? The time to study in the USA is now.

Study and Work in the United States

Today many students must study and work simultaneously to pay for their university careers. There are even many students who spend their entire career doing both.

So, before you ask yourself, how can I study and work in the United States? Here we will tell you everything you need to know about this experience.

The US authorities allow you to work and study in the USA if you meet the following requirements:

  • Have a valid passport
  • Student visa
  • Request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
  • Apply for a work permit
  • Work within the university campus part-time without interfering with studies.
  • If you are going to work as an intern to graduate, you must do so within your field of study.

To work with a student visa, you must do so only for the duration of your career in the fields above.

If you intend to work permanently in the United States after finishing your studies, you must start processing a work visa. We will explain later in detail.

Have you finished your studies and want to stay and work in the United States?

There is nothing better than studying what you are passionate about in a first-world country, where great professionals from the most important industries in the world have grown. For this reason, we will tell you what you need to work in the United States of America.

Suppose you graduated with good grades and have a job offer to work in the United States, congratulations! You are halfway there and can opt for an H-1 work visa.

What is a work visa? It is permission granted to work on US soil legally and receive payment for the work.

How can I get a work visa? We will list the requirements:

Requirements to obtain a work visa

To work in the United States, you must have one of the following documents:

  • Job offer by an authorized company
  • Employment Authorization Document
  • An employment-based visa that allows you to work for a specific employer

You must remember that immigration regulations require that all foreigners who wish to work in the US have a non-immigrant visa.

You must also show that you are an eligible job candidate and will not disadvantage or displace a US citizen from their job.


  • Labor certification or other approval from the Department of Labor
  • Valid passport
  • Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160
  • One 5cm x 5cm (2” x 2”) photograph taken within the last six months
  • Receipt of payment for 190 USD for the visa application. Payment is NOT refundable
  • The receipt number printed on your I-129 petition
  • Deliver the appointment
  • If you want a fast visa, you will have to make the I-907 application and pay $1,225

Usually, the process is fast because if you meet all the requirements, it will be automatically approved.

With an F-1 visa, you can process a Green Card or Permanent Residence, but the process can be long and tedious. With the Green Card, you can work and live legally in the United States.

How to get a Green Card?

  • The employer must file a labor certification or ETA-750 application with the department of labor as proof of employment.
  • File Form I-140 Petition for a Foreign Immigrant Worker by the employer with USCIS.
  • If you have an EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3 visa, you can file Form I-485 with USCIS; this is the application for permanent residence registration.

The immigration authorities are the ones that will determine if the application is approved or rejected. For this reason, you must have authorization from the employer to work in the United States of America.

If you have committed an infraction of the immigration law or a serious crime, you will be denied the Green Card, as well as if you lied about the information provided in the application.

Once you have a Green Card, you can live and work legally. And most important of all, it is a prerequisite for obtaining US citizenship.

After learning about everything this wonderful country offers, are you still interested in pursuing a professional career in the United States?